Tuesday 12 July 2016

Underground Sunshine - Let There Be Light -1969 US




The Underground Sunshine was an American psychedelic rock band from Montello, Wisconsin. The group scored a hit single in 1969 with their cover of The Beatles'"Birthday", which hit #26 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The group subsequently appeared on American Bandstand and released a full-length album, "Let There Be Light" in 1969 on Intrepid Records (IT- 74003).  Their sole  album hit #161 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, but their second single, "Don't Shut Me Out" (written by David Gates, later of Bread), just missed the charts.
In 1970, they released two singles, neither charted and the group broke up soon after.
The  album also contain covers of  Creedence Clearwater Revival, Spencer Davis Group and Beatles.
From this album i chose three songs,  "Birthday","Gimme Some Lovin'" and "Take Me, Break Me".

Members:

Chris Connors - vocals, guitar
Jane Little - keyboards,vocals
Berty Kohl - bass,vocals
Frank Kohl - drums,vocals

-by dj fanis: here


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to follow your old site with a fever. I never missed a posting. One day I thought the world had ended because your site was gone. I searched and searched but I finally up and thought you were gone forever. The World did not completely end but a big piece of me died. Then by chance I found this site and at first thought I had been reborn. That feeling only lasted until I saw you were only posting selections and singles. How sad, I guess I will have to simply enjoy the memories you gave us all in the past and forget I ever rediscovered this site. I can't even really call it a site now so I will call it what is really is - A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

I am still a fan who loves you, just not this new direction.

Hippy dj kit-dj fanis said...

Thanks my old fun for your comment.This new direction gives to the followers the chance to listen the style of the bands and if they liked the sound there are many places in the web to find their albums. Οtherwise if we upload the complete album this blog will be closed again.Thanks anyway.

dj fanis

Anonymous said...

To me it is the same as being closed.

GOODBYE

Hippy dj kit-dj fanis said...

So long...
dj fanis